My “Stewardship of Finance” lectures at the VUB resume on September 30.
Lectures will be delivered in English, they are held on Mondays from 4 to 6 p.m. in lecture hall QB (2 Pleinlaan, 1050 Brussels); auditors are free to attend.
Lectures are videotaped and can be viewed on YouTube as well as here on the blog.
1. Why stewardship of finance?, September 30
2. Is rational behaviour necessarily ethical?, October 7
3. Regulation and self-regulation. Adam Smith’s “invisible hand”, October 14
4. Law, Ethics and the business world, October 28
5. The business world and its regulators, November 4
6. National order and international disorder. Tax havens/shadow banking/mafias, November 18
7. Lord Adair Turner: socially useful and socially useless financial activities, November 25
8. Profit and Ethics. Aristotle’s chrematistics, December 2
“Stewardship of Finance” lectures will be held in French at the ULB (Université Libre de Bruxelles) during the second semester, their programme will be communicated in due time.