Je diffuse volontiers cet appel que des amis d’autrefois m’adressent (soyez gentils d’en faire autant).
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Anna Galland, MoveOn.org Political Action <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 1:47 PM
Subject: It’s official: We’re calling on electors to stop Trump
Dear MoveOn member,
MoveOn members have voted 94.5% to 5.5% for MoveOn to call on the Electoral College to reject Donald Trump.
Now, we have less than 100 hours to act. Will you chip in $3 to help run our emergency campaign to urge the Electoral College to reject Donald Trump?
Yes, I’ll chip in and join the campaign to urge the Electoral College to reject Donald Trump.
With your help, we will:
- Run our new ad featuring a Republican elector saying he won’t vote for Trump—which drew over one million views online overnight—on TV shows and promote it on social media.
- Flood the White House with calls asking Obama to declassify the CIA evidence of Russian influence on our election, and call a special session of Congress to address this crisis. Already, 200,000 MoveOn members have signed a petition to the president—and over 17,000 called the White House in just one day.
- Recruit members to attend peaceful, lawful actions over the next four days to show popular outrage over Trump’s foreign entanglements, his refusal to address his financial conflicts of interest, and his gross unfitness to serve—including gatherings at statehouses where electors will cast ballots on Monday.
- Call on Congressional leaders, who have the power to delay the Electoral College vote, to do so until the CIA evidence has been shared and Trump has suitably addressed his financial conflicts.
Will you pitch in $3 and help us run this this emergency campaign?
Let’s be clear: As our emails about the member vote email noted, it’s extremely unlikely that we’ll actually succeed in getting the Electoral College to block Trump.
But this is also an unprecedented moment in American history. Trump presents a unique set of threats to our democracy. We should try.
And no matter what happens, we must make sure the public remembers that Hillary Clinton won more than 2.8 million more votes than Trump.
We must push Democrats to be bold in their opposition to Trump’s and the Republicans’ odious policies and nominees.
And we must make clear that we, the people, will not silently let an unpopularly elected president tear our country apart.
Thanks for all you do.
—Anna, Hannah, Nick, Tzyh, and the rest of the team
P.S. News broke last night that Russian President Vladimir Putin was personally involved in the Russian campaign to influence the U.S. election—further evidence that the electors and American people have not been told the whole story yet—and all the more reason to urge electors to stop Trump now.1
And momentum may be building: There are already reportedly 20 electors who are considering voting their conscience.2
1. « U.S. Officials: Putin Personally Involved in U.S. Election Hack, » NBC News, December 15, 2016
2. « Harvard professor says 20 GOP voters may flip against Trump, » The Hill, December 13, 2016
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump’s agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation’s pendulum back towards sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?